Terms and Conditions – Canon Light Awards Live (North West) – Instagram Competition
- Instructions on how to participate form part of these “Terms and Conditions”. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms.
- The Promoter is Tourism Tasmania (ABN 58 800 480 938) of Level 3, 15 Murray Street, Hobart TAS 7000 (Phone: 03 6165 5334) (Tourism Tasmania).
- The “Prize Provider” is Canon Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 66 005 002 951) of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia (Phone: 13 23 53) (Canon)
- This Competition is only open to individual Australian residents, aged 18 years or over, who are not employees (or their immediate family members) of Tourism Tasmania or Canon Australia.
- The Brief is to “Capture the spirit of Tasmania’s North West in an offbeat, seductive and unexpected way”.
How to enter and submission period:
- To enter, Participants must post an image and the caption that best fits the Brief on Instagram which tags @CanonAustralia and include #lightawardslivenorthwest, #tasmaniasnorthwest and #discovertasmania during one of the Submission Period (Entry).
- The Submission Period is from 1:00pm (AEDT) on Saturday 2 December 2017 to 12:59pm (AEDT) Sunday 3 December 2017.
- Eligible entrants are permitted to enter as many times as they like but each Entry must be in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Participants can only submit their own original work.
- Entries must not contain any material protected by third party copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants must seek the consent of any recognisable person appearing in an Entry to submit the Entry in this Competition.
- The Promoter (and the application and third party hosting provider used by the Promoter to run this Competition) will not become liable for any copyright infringement or other unlawful conduct arising from the Entry or publication of the Entry or acts or omissions of the entrant.
- Entries must not violate any applicable law or regulation (including any laws regarding anti-discrimination or false advertising).
- Entries must not be offensive, illegal, obscene or pornographic.
- The Entry does not contain viruses or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, any system, data or personal information.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid and rejected. The Promoter in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it reasonably believes is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions of Entry, any relevant law, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate. Entries that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, and racially offensive, contain objectionable content or are otherwise inappropriate will be deemed invalid and rejected. The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to notify relevant authorities including law enforcement agencies and provide them with the objectionable entry and the entrant’s personal information.
- Entries are subject to moderation.
Prize, Judging & Winners
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- Each Entry will be individually judged based on its creative and/or original merit.
- There will be one Prize and one Winner from the Submission Period.
- The Prize is one Canon EOS M5 camera (https://www.canon.com.au/cameras/eos-m5)
- The Prize is valued up to a total of $1,399 (GST inclusive). The Prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publication (inclusive of GST).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for a change in the Prize value between now and the Prize redemption date.
- Judging will be carried out by employees or representatives of the Promoter.
- Judging will be based on creativity and the entry that best fits the relevant brief or answers the question (as applicable).
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be publicly announced on @tasmaniasnorthwest’s Instagram as well as notified by private message sent to their Instagram account within 1 week from the closing of each Submission Period.
- Winners may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) in order to claim the Prize.
- If a Winner does not claim his/her prize by the time specified in the private message, or if a Winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, or compliance with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be chosen.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Further conditions of taking the Prize
- As a condition of taking the Prize, you may be requested, and you agree to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by Tourism Tasmania or from the Prize Provider, including, but not limited to a legal release form.
- The Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Prize Provider and each Winner accepts and agrees to comply with these terms and conditions.
Participant’s warranties and indemnity
- Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that (a) he/she has complied with the Entry requirements; b) no Entry submitted by him/her will contain viruses or cause harm to any person or entity; and (c) he/she has and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation copyright law and privacy law.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and the Prize Provider against all costs and claims in connection with a failure by him/her to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each Participant agrees that he/she is fully responsible for each Entry he/she submits, and is fully responsible for any equipment, or other costs required for, or associated with an Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability for such Entries or any costs borne by the Participant relating to such Entries.
- This Competition is in no way endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Instagram. Each Participant agrees to indemnify Instagram against all costs and claims arising in connection with a failure by him/her to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise arising in connection with this Competition.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Conditions that may invalidate or disqualify the Entry, Participants or the Competition
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entry where: it reasonably suspects that the Entry fails to comply with relevant law, breaches these terms and conditions, or the Participant has failed to meet the eligibility criteria.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition.
- In addition to any rights that may be granted in accordance with the terms and conditions of Instagram, by submitting an Entry Participants grant the Promoter and its Partners a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, perpetual licence to repost any Entry on Instagram.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of and/or participation in the prize.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Eligible entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Instagram from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
- The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Personal Information Protection (“PIP”) Policy, which can be viewed at http://www.tas.gov.au/stds/pip.htm. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoter’s PIP Policy, the Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable for any reason it shall be severed and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- The Terms and Conditions of this Competition are governed by the laws of Tasmania and the entrant agrees to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Tasmania.